Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Books to Read

For many people, New Year's Day is a time to make resolutions for the coming year. While not exactly a New Year's Resolution, I do hope to spend more time reading in the coming year than I have been able to in recent months. So, to get me started, I have amassed a pile of books to read. Here's what I have on my to-read list for this year:

How to Make Homilies Better, Briefer, and Bolder: Tips from a Master Homilist by Alfred McBride (this year's Christmas gift book to all the priests from our Archbishop)

C.S. Lewis and the Catholic Church by Joseph Pearce

Chance or Purpose? Creation, Evolution, and a Rational Faith by Cardinal Christoph Schonborn

Hearing God's Call: Ways of Discernment for Laity and Clergy by Ben Campbell Johnson

The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day by John C. Maxwell

The Lemon Tree: An Arab, A Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East by Sandy Tolan

The Spirit of the Liturgy and The Lord by Romano Guardini

Typically, I like to go back and forth between reading fiction and non-fiction, but all of the above books are non-fiction. So I guess I need to find some fiction books to add to my list - which will certainly keep me busy this year!

No comments: